What Makes a Church Bulletin Good?
A good church bulletin is a bulletin the parishioners enjoy reading. Beyond getting information parishioners find themselves enjoying the bulletin because of the use of humor and pictures.
What is standard content?
The bulletin is a resource for the parishioners. Things such as Mass times, contact information is considered basic information. This information is a must have in any bulletin. Along with basics a bulletin would include event news. Event news is the “who, what, when, where, why” of upcoming parish and ministry events.
What is outstanding content?
Beyond the standard content of a bulletin your parish should strive to include something that captivates your reader.
- • Provide links to videos and podcast popular on the Internet. Use it for tutorials and evangelization.
- • Ministry News: Current events and breaking news from the Diocese and around the globe.
- • Other News Sources: Keep track of other sources and set up links or post and give credit.
- • Books Reviews: Help your audience with books with awesome summaries and recommendations.
- • Pictures still say 1,000 words and attract attention.
The Take Away
A church bulletin is a resource for the parishioners. There is standard content needed in any bulletin, but the inclusion of outstanding content that makes for a better church bulletin.